Thursday, February 12, 2009

ugh...


Whew! I'll tell you what, some of those bolts can be a real pain. I got the bike stripped down to almost nothing but the frame, not counting of course the twenty pounds of grease and grime so closely attached, I didn't have the heart to seperate them. Well, maybe I'm just too lazy. Coming inside and writing this post took a lot less energy than firing up the power sprayer and hosing down the frame.Anyway, at this point the SR500 is almost unrecognizable as a motorcycle, and I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to remember how to put it back together. I may have to break down and actually read some instructions online. Blech.
I'm really starting to enjoy having a dedicated space to work in. Big improvement from the driveway in front of the garage. There's something to be said for working in the shade with all your tools easily accessible. Having my homemade iPod dock playing Frank Sinatra and Norah Jones doesn't hurt. Music is just about the best thing God ever thought up. So far it's shaping up to be a great night. Motorcycles, music, and now I think it's time for some ice cream and a good book.

1 comment: