Friday, February 18, 2011

Senioritis

I'm beginning to feel the effects. There's a high possibility the condition has been exacerbated by the fact that I'm only taking 12 hours this semester, and 12 hours the next. Homework assignments and art projects that formerly dominated my life and carried the full essence of my self-worth are now eclipsed by the realization that in 301 days, I'll have a college degree in my hand and no clue what I'm going to do with my life. Getting a C on my latest paper doesn't seem that earth shattering any more.

It's time's like these, these sobering moments of self-reflection and pondering the future that it's important to remember the sovereignty of God. When my relationship with God grows stale and He seems so distant, I forget that He is intimately involved in every aspect of my life. I begin to worry about whether or not I'll be successful in my chosen career path, will I actually be able to make it on my own or will I miserably fail at life. Will I even choose the right direction? All those worries are complete and total drivel, because I have absolutely nothing to worry about. The one thing that should occupy my thoughts and have my undivided attention is whether or not I am loving God with all that I am, submitting to Him as my King, and trusting Him as my Father. The rest will fall into place, and my life will be something that I can look back on with no regrets.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan, my friend, you have a such an incredible heart. "To live would be an awfully big adventure" indeed. But a heart-stopping and awesome adventure nonetheless. I cannot wait to see the living adventure God has in store for you. I am thankful to know you, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an awesome son. Thank you for reminding me of what is most important. I love you!

    ReplyDelete